Asita Recordings

We like Pam Grier, Red Stripe, the sound and the smell of records, mixtapes,the SF Giants, analog synths, McCovey Cove, Lanikai at night, and San Francisco's indian summer.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Myka9 ghostwrote NWA songs?



Allegedly, Myka9 formerly Mikah9, ghost wrote some material for NWA, after crossing paths with Eazy-E. Whether true or not, this is certainly a great way to get a buzz, and is subsequently all over the internets, along with news of his free album Citrus sessions available for download on his site.

"AllHipHop.com: There's a story that's been going around for years that Eazy-E gave Bone Thugs n Harmony a Freestyle Fellowship tape of “Mary”, and he instructed them to use it as a blueprint for their style, is there any truth to this?

Myka 9: No, not that I know of. Unless I left some music in his car. Rest in peace. He brought them to The Good Life with [DJ U-Neek] , and I played him our stuff at Earle’s hot dog stand and in his SUV. We shared what we were working with on occasion. He was also into the ghostwriting thing, like what I did on the very first NWA album.

AllHipHop.com: Wow, I didn’t know that.

Myka 9: Yeah, I wrote two tracks off NWA and the Posse, my name M. Troy is listed in the liner notes. I should be getting publishing off the record, but I don’t know if the statute of limitations is up on that or what. [laughs]"


Read more here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home