Asita Recordings

We like Pam Grier, Red Stripe, the sound and the smell of records, mixtapes,the SF Giants, analog synths, McCovey Cove, Lanikai at night, and San Francisco's indian summer.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

JEREMY FISH video



I am a sucker for a good story. And if you ask me, Jeremy Fish's work has always transcended some of the built in limitations of "street art" or "skateboard art," in that every painting seems to relate a story. In an age where most "art" is a remix of existing images (pop culture recycled). I can appreciate that. Beyond that though, dude gets the utmost respect for seeming to follow his own trends, staying grounded, and working hard. Incidentally, we were pretty lucky to have him do a shirt design for us a loong time ago.

Here is a video documenting what he's been up to. I think the Aesoprock collaboration coloring book he did is sold out, but I could be wrong. Check out Upper Playground for that. His latest work has improved by leaps and bounds, in the sheer output, diversity of mediums, and ideas. (See: shirts, toys, record covers, wood panels, dolls, hotel rooms, installations, boxers, Nikes, bunny hats, hoodies, and more!) The studio visit link will inform you on his latest.



I need these Russian nesting dolls in my life. Someone told me the littlest one is Ray Potes! Ahaha.

And here is another video for pure fun.



J. Fish Studio visit - featuring lots of his new art
sillypinkbunnies