Asita Recordings

We like Pam Grier, Red Stripe, the sound and the smell of records, mixtapes,the SF Giants, analog synths, McCovey Cove, Lanikai at night, and San Francisco's indian summer.

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

v-day lovesong challange [songs: #4]

Minnie Riperton's beautiful rendition of "Inside My Love" showcases her insane upper register vocal abilities as well as her more subtle phrasing. The song is perhaps best known for it's not so covertly sensual lyrics. Inside My Love" is a shining example of Leon Ware's penchant for double entendre.





"Here he talks about his original meaning for the song "Inside My Love" and of his 'religiously nasty' sensuality."

Minnie Riperton was also the voice of Rotary Connection and "Inside My Love" was notably sampled on A Triple Called Quest's "Lyrics To Go" and on Tupac's "Me Against The World."

1-"Kiss of My Life" - Sade
2-"Rockin' You Eternally" - Leon Ware
3-"I Believe When I Fall In Love" - Stevie Wonder
4-"Inside My Love" - Minnie Riperton

Don't forget to check out the other lists here.